How could I let a holiday go by without a garland? I love decorating with garlands .What makes this one so fun is that it’s made with coffee filters. The surface absorbs the paint well and when it’s dry it really looks like a leaf. Add a little glitter and you have a simple shamrock garland and an inexpensive St.Patrick’s Day decoration. That’s not all though, adding in a little step of making the green paint by mixing yellow and blue and you also have a lesson!
- Gather your materials. You will need multiple coffee filters,some yellow and blue paint, a paintbrush, some gold glitter, sharp scissors, and some green ribbon .
- Start by cutting your coffee filters into shamrocks. With really little toddlers I would draw a shamrock and let them paint it then cut out, painting on the small shamrocks is a challenge , they have to be careful and for a young toddler it would prove to be really frustrating which isn’t what we want.
- Mix your green paint. When activities are shorter like this one I like to have my son mix the paint, he loves it too!
- Paint your shamrocks
- Let dry
- Add the gold glitter and let dry.
- Poke 2 small holes in each shamrock, I alternated between the top and the stem.
- Thread the ribbon through
- Hang up and enjoy!