When I was brainstorming St. Patrick’s Day ideas I thought why not make a leprechaun beard! You can find hats for nothing at big box stores but nowhere had any beards. Here is an easy leprechaun craft tutorial, which is perfect for your older leprechaun in training. My son was sleeping when I made this but since played with it numerous times since it’s creation, though it’s more of a monster mask on him!
Easy Leprechaun Craft
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 pieces of construction paper, one for the base and 2 bright orange for the hair. Some yarn, scissors, a pencil, glue and a hole punch.
- Start by drawing a beard on the paper. I put the sheet of paper up to my face, and then measured from ear to ear.
- Next, cut out the base for your beard.
- For the hair, cut the orange construction paper into strips.
- Roll the strips tightly around the pencil to make a curl.
- Glue them to the beard, starting at the bottom.
- Keep going until you have a full leprechaun beard.
- Once complete, then let the glue dry completely.
- Punch holes to thread the yarn.
- Next, add the yarn for the ties to make the mask wearable.
- Put on your leprechaun craft and then play pretend!
Want more great ideas for preschool activities? Check out our Build Preschool Thematic Curriculum Units!