Who wants to be the bad guy? You’ll need someone to do something naughty so your little Sheriff can rope ’em in and lock ’em up ! My son loves Woody, he goes everywhere with us so it was only a matter of time before he’d show up here too.
- Gather your materials. You will need a brown grocery store bag, some markers or paint, scissors, some yellow paint or glitter, and tape.
- Start by cutting your arm holes and the bag so it lays flat – now this won’t make the perfect vest , a better one is done by not cutting off the top and making a semi circle at the neck and arm holes, however it’s hard for toddlers to paint, and if you want the store logos on the inside you’ll have to cut it like this.
- Have your child color or paint their vest.
- While they are coloring , trace or draw a star
- When they are done hand them the star and have them paint or glitter it in yellow or gold.
- Trim the ends of the vest so it makes a neck.
- Cut out the star and glue on the right side. Let dry.
- Try on and make adjustments, we needed bigger arm holes and we took in the back.
- To take in the back simply fold the extra paper in on itself and tape.
- Pop it on and go find those naughty guys!
“Cowboy Small” by Lois Lenski is a cute cowboy book for the younger set. We have the board book edition and it’s been loved for a long time at our house. The text is simple, the drawings are charming and the book covers all the basics of what a cowboys does day and night.