Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles

Heat Wave Rx !

We are in the middle of a heatwave and I am so done. My kitchen is too hot to do anything in and with the fans blowing art supplies it’s impossible to do much art. So today we made organic yogurt popsicles , and went outside and played in the shade with our Ocean we made a while back.

1. Gather your materials. You will need 2-3 large strawberries ( ripe ripe is best) , a banana, and a small yogurt. You will need a blender and some popsicle molds as well.
  2. Count your strawberries as you pop them in.
  3. Next up the banana.
  4. Squeeze the yogurt
  5. Blend!
  6. Taste to make sure it’s ok.
  7. Pour into the molds
  8. Pop in the sticks ( I asked specifically for each color, I can’t help it I’m a teacher through and through and these mini lessons just happen)
  9. Freeze
  10. Enjoy!
Rainbow Popsicles

This is from my other blog on FamilyEducation.com
click on the picture for the full instructions and even more !

Comments

1. Annette says

We made smoothies last night! We add whatever fruit, yogurt, and OJ. :) We have a pop mold too!

I think we'll need to make the art too!

2. Georgine says

Where do I find popsicle molds? Williams Sonoma used to have them. Thanks for your help! THe pops look delicious.

3. Amy from Occupation: Mommy says

Somehow homemade popsicles are much more tasty than store-bought. But I REALLY love the crafty popsicles. Sooo cute!

4. ceemee says

This looks like a wonderful activity! I don't know where I could find pop molds here in the Philippines.

5. Trisha says

Hi,

I agree this is so fun. I have a gigantic cantaloupe from the farmers' market that we'll use for popsicles later this week.

Ceemee, if you have the sticks or something similar you could use small paper cups.

Any good ice cream or popsicle books? We like "Thomas' Milkshake Muddle".

Have a good day!

6. Amber says

I'm in Vancouver, BC and the heat wave is killing me. I am feeling pretty done, too. These popsicles look so good right now, they are the perfect prescription. Thanks, Allie!

7. Charlee says

I feel you! I live in CA and it has been over 100 every day this week. We rely on the crock pot, swim lessons and popcicles to get through our days. Hang in there!

8. Andrea (ace1028) says

What a perfect idea! Once we stock up on fresh fruits again I'll have to give it a whirl! Thanks!

9. Stephanie says