I never get tired of butterflies, they are beautiful and fascinating and a great tool to learn about life cycles. This craft came about because I was using this pasta to make dinner last night . Dinner was a hit and I love how this turned out too.You could absolutely do this with younger children I would simply dye the pasta first, and either draw a branch or just skip the branch all together and make a butterfly only 3D collage!
- Gather your materials. You will need 3 pieces of construction paper ( blue, brown and green) large scrap pieces would be great for the brown and green. You will also need bow tie pasta, markers and glue.
- Start by ripping your brown paper to make a branch. Lay it out on the blue paper before you glue it down.Glue it down.
- Rip your green paper into little leaves. Glue on.
- Color your pasta with the markers. I like the challenge of drawing on something so tiny, it’s a great fine motor builder. That said if this is too frustrating dye the pasta before hand or simply leave them plain.
- Add glue to your branch.
- Add your pasta
- Add your antennae with a marker. Let dry.