Milk Carton Plug Ring

jewelry craft
This is not a craft for little hands, although my son enjoys playing dress up with this ring. We are a 3 types of milk family so these little plugs accumulate quickly. I had my beads out for another craft when I thought, hmm maybe I could do this… and it worked. These little rings really hold up well and I am so pleased I finally have something to do with them.

1. Gather your materials. You will need some milk carton plugs, hot glue gun, hot glue, seed beads, and a small dish that won’t stick to the glue. I used a 2nd dish for the ring to cool in but that was just my preference.
  2. Pour a mixture of seed beads into a small dish. You don’t want to use too big a dish because you want the beads to be close together .
  3. Turn the plug inside out , so when you slide it on your finger the solid part stands up against your finger.
  4. Add hot glue to the solid part that will be facing out. You want a lot of glue.
  5. Quickly dip it into the beads, gently press it into them.
  6. Let dry! It’s that easy. Just remember to let it dry completely before wearing it.

Comments

1. Andrea (ace1028) says

That is too cool! What a creative idea! If I had a glue gun I might give it a go, but I'll live vicariously through you and your craftiness!

2. cabadov says

My 7yo is ring obsessed (she just made a bunch with beads and elastic bands). I'll have to share this with her, though our milk doesn't have pull tabs (have to go buy some now).
    Cheers,
    Carrie Anne

3. Hig-Quality Mothering says

Georgine said it all, except this: I wish you were MY mommy!
    You rock!
    I have recommended your blog to many friends that care about their child's education…
    thanks!
    Kelly

4. Kelly says

this is cool we have a lot of those carton plugs too and with 4 girls in the house who love dress up these will be perfect!!

I seriously want to hug you sideways and upside-down for your creativity! Huge smiles for the start of my day! Now, I have to go trashcan diving!

6. Antoinette says

I have been looking for a ring use for these things forever! I have been saving them since I caught my youngest wearing one from an orange juice carton and thought, “She’s a GENIUS”.

7. Shannon says

Thanks so much for sharing this. I’ve actually used those rings a few times but all I did was draw designs with Sharpies. This is so much prettier!

1. [...] juice carton pull tabs.  I had been saving them ever since I saw an idea for using them at No Time For Flashcards. For our rings I gave the children some permanent markers (Brave, I know.) and let them color the [...]