I wanted to start the slew of Halloween crafts with something easy and fun for a wide range of ages. I always try to have crafts that can be changed ever so slightly to fit all ages in the family. My son loved this ! For older children I would have used glow in the dark paint and have them fill the ghost body in carefully with white crayon before gluing on the eyes. Then the craft would have been cool in the dark as well!
- Gather your materials. You will need black paper, white paint, a dish, a ghost cookie cutter, glue and googly eyes. I had the orange paper to make a back to frame it but the ghosts ended up too close to the edge and I didn’t want to cut them.
- Pour the paint in the dish and dip your cookie cutter in.
- Print. Don’t worry if some are wiggly- I think they make it look like the ghosts are flying.
- Add glue for the eyes
- Add the eyes.
- Dip your child’s finger ( or your finger because and I quote” No mama you do it, I share my art project with you, your turn!” ) in the paint.
- Press on to make the ghosts mouths.
- Let dry.