Candy Cane Scrub
This is an easy make at home Christmas gift that your child can help make and have fun doing it. Salt scrubs are awesome for dry skin and exfoliating, I have followed many recipes for oil and salt ratio but found the best is to simply add the oil slowly enough that you get the consistency you want. We have many more Christmas crafts on the way.
- Gather your materials. You will need some kosher salt, vegetable oil, peppermint oil ( or extract – which contains alcohol so it can be drying, I used it but oil would be ideal) , a cleaned recycled glass jar, some material , ribbons etc.. for decorating the jar.
- Start by pouring the oil in a little at a time.
- Add more until you are at the consistency you like.
- Add your peppermint, for this large jar I added 1/2 a tablespoon. If you are using essential oil, start small it’s very potent! This step should be done by an adult!
- Scoop into your jar.
- Add some fabric and ribbon and you are done!