We love the Olympics in our house and are gearing up to go cheer for 2 countries in Vancouver later this month. I meant to make this craft with paint but we were out of black and green and since there was a nice furnace repair man in my garage I couldn’t run out. So we decided to cover the rolls with tissue paper instead. As it turned out my son liked cutting and sorting the paper more than anything so it was perfect! This was a long craft with little guys I would skip the crayons, tissue paper and glue and simply paint.
- Gather your materials. You will need red, black, blue, green and yellow paint or crayons and tissue paper. A wrapping paper roll or 5 toilet paper rolls, glue, scissors, and some clothes pins.
- Start by cutting the roll into 5 if you are using a wrapping paper roll.
- Have your child color with roll with a crayons. If you are painting the rolls paint now. I used the crayons so that my son had a visual aid when it was time to glue the paper on to reinforce that we are only using one color for each roll.
- While they are coloring cut up some of the tissue paper, leave some for your child to cut as well if they are able to use scissors.
- Have your child cut and sort some too. This was my far my son’s favorite part. Normally he loves glue and he was like ” I’ll cut and sort more mama, you do the glue today!”
- Time to add glue- add lots!
- Add paper.
- Repeat for each ring.
- Stack and glue rings together.
- Secure with the clothes pins.
- Let dry.
More Olympic Themed Activities