My son will do anything for marshmallows and he loves sorting. Since this craft itself is super simple I made things more challenging by creating a pre-activity of sorting the colors with bamboo tongs. Yes many were eaten, we did this on a no nap day and the sillies were at an all time high but we still had fun.
- Gather your materials. You will need a divided tray, mini marshmallows, some paper or foam , glue and tongs.
- Start by sorting a few of the marshmallows in a tray. I put a few in each section to provide a guide.
- Hand your child the tongs and let them sort.
- And eat.
- When they are all sorted ( and yes I asked if I could help and sorted a few as well) add glue to the foam/paper in a heart shape.
- Start adding the pink marshmallows.
- Count as you go! We did 13, 5 and 9 before gobbling up a few yellow and green ones.
- Let dry.