My plan was to make Saturn and start teaching my son about space but he asked if he could make planet Earth so I grabbed the shaving cream and this is what we made. What a hit! It’s so simple even young toddlers ( provided they are past the eating everything stage) could do this with minimal adult help. Saturn will get made sometime soon , he had so much fun making our planet and we still got to talk and learn about space.
- Gather your materials. You will need some shaving cream, white glue, green paint,scissors, a marker, blue paper, a spoon, and container or bowl.
- Start by mixing your paint. You will need 3 parts shaving cream to 1 part white glue, and green paint . Use as much green paint as you need to get the color you want.
- While they mix it up, draw a circle on your blue paper.
- Paint. It might get messy but it will definitely be fun!
- My son preferred to scoop the paint on to his hand and slap it down.
- While the paint was drying my son used the extra paint to make another painting !
- Let dry and cut out. The paint will dry puffy !