When I was going through past posts for my Letter B Theme post last week I saw my frozen banana treats tutorial and got an idea to make them into ghosts for a healthy-ish Halloween treat. They were super easy to make. Please note that the jelly beans especially when frozen can be a choking hazard , please take off and let thaw before serving it to a child.
- Gather your materials ( or rather ingredients). You will need bananas ( 3 medium cut in half), 3/4 lb of white chocolate chips, table spoon of butter, 6 popsicle sticks, microwavable bowl, baking dish and 12 black jelly beans. Also you will need wax paper for the dish, I was out and my baby was sleeping so I used non stick spray and it worked but wax paper would be better.
- Start by cutting the bananas in 2 .
- Push a popsicle stick into the bananas.
- Pour your chips into a microwavable bowl, add the butter and melt. What worked for me was to do 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, 20 seconds and stir. Watch it carefully it burns easily.
- Dip and cover the bananas with the white chocolate.
- Place in the pan ( on wax paper or non stick spray), and add the jelly beans for eyes.
- Freeze .2 hours was perfect for us, bananas weren’t rock hard.
- Serve. Don’t forget about the jelly beans, pop them off and let thaw before eating.