Are your kids crazy for Star Wars? It is just creeping in to our house but it’s taken over playtime at some friends’ house . With an upcoming play date I knew I had to turn the extra bubble wands from my daughter’s birthday party into some bubble wand lightsabers . This would be a great craft for a Star Wars themed birthday party. My son was happily playing batman and politely declined playing with the finished craft because ” Batman doesn’t play with lightsabers mom.” Oh how silly of me.
- Gather your materials. You will need an empty bubble wand, black duct or electrical tape, a silver pipe cleaner and a round sticker/ label.
- Start by taking the wand out of the handle, throw it away or recycle it if you are able to.
- Next wrap the silver pipe cleaner around the handle.
- Add tape, make sure to secure the ends of the pipe cleaner under a few layers of tape.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Add the circle label.
- Ready to play …just not with Batman