It may not technically be fall yet… but fall themed learning has taken over at our house. This Pumpkin Patch Letter Match is such a fun way to dive into a new season of learning and playing with letters. It can me easily adapted to shapes or numbers too. This is a fun circle time activity for a group of children too!
- Gather your materials. You will need craft paper ( or the underside of wrapping paper),painter’s tape, a green marker, a permenant marker, an orange pool noodle , a bread knife and cutting board. I also used a canvas bag to put the pumkins in.
- Cut your pool noodle into 26 “pumpkins”
- Add the lower case letters to the pool noodle pumpkins using a permenant marker. I found all other markers ran too much.
- Put your craft paper on a table or floor and secure it with tape. Draw your pumpkin patch. I made vines, leaves… don’t forget to add your uppercase letters too! Mix them around for a challenge or put them in order. * I obviously did this first, I had to wait for someone to wrangle my little one before I could go downstairs to cut the noodle.
- Time to play.
- Match the lowercase letters on the pumpkin with the uppercase letters on the patch.