Yesterday was my son’s last day of preschool and we made these super simple art cards for his friends to wish them a super summer. These would also make fantastic Father’s Day cards. It was also a great way to get him writing . Real world writing projects where the writing is purposeful are a great way to get reluctant kids to write. My son sat down and happily drew and then signed his name on all 14 cards which is a big deal for us because he definitely falls into the reluctant writer category. It was so easy and took no time at all , here’s what we did.
- Start with some markers and plain printer paper.
- Have your child draw a picture.
- Scan and save.
- Next we used picmonkey.com to add text. My son decided which fonts to use and the background color too.
- Then we printed as a 5×7 and folded.
- And back to the table to write .
So easy and he had a blast making them . I think we will be making many more .