One of the best parts of Halloween is getting a chance to dress up in costumes and dressing up shouldn’t just be for kids, it should be for minions too! When I was asked to help spread the word about Despicable Me 2 coming to theaters this summer I knew exactly what sort of activities I wanted to do. These activities are perfect for Halloween parties or to prepare your little ones for all the unusual costumes they might see. They can play with the minion and see that he’s the same under every single costume we made him and on Halloween night there is nothing to be afraid of it’s just a person under that scary costume too. The simple memory game can be made in a snap and would be a cute quiet game for a Halloween party.
Dress Your Minion For Halloween!
- Gather your materials. You will need some yellow , black and white construction paper, yellow, black , brown and metallic markers, double stick tape, contact paper, scissors, heavy card stock ( full page sheet) and dry erase markers in various colors.
- Start by drawing and cutting out a minion.
- Cut some black construction paper for it’s goggle band.
- Cut out a circle of white paper and outline it in the metallic silver. Add a brown eye with a black pupil. Add yellow at the bottom.
- Using the double stick tape tape the band and eye on. Color the boots and gloves black.
- Tape everything on to the card stock.
- Peel the backing off your contact paper and put the minion face down on the sticky side.
- Press, fold the sides and trim edges. Now you have a dry erase minion!
- Dress him up for Halloween using the dry erase markers. We turned him into a princess, witch , butterfly, vampire and messy monster.
- Everything wipes clean beautifully!
You can also use him for talking about emotions and have your little ones draw his emotions, or dress him up for upcoming holidays too!
Easy Memory Game
I hear from a lot of parents how playing memory with their child is terrible and my first question is always ” Did you play with all the pieces?” When toddlers and young kids are learning games break them down a little and make them more accessible. This is why I love making my own memory games.
Using the Despicable Me 2 Halloween Temporary Tattoo Printables I made this game in a snap! *** Please email me for the printables and I will send them to you asap ***
- Gather your materials. You will need the printables ( 2 copies) from Despicable Me 2. Some orange card stock, black card stock , double stick tape and scissors.
- Cut all your images and card stock into squares. Remember that you want the squares progressively larger so the minion paper is the smallest, orange middle and the black paper is the largest.
- Tape the minion to the orange paper and then the orange to the black paper. Make 4 pairs for toddlers, 6-8 for preschoolers and 10 + for school age kids.
- Flip and play!
After you play and learn (kids are always learning) with these adorable Despicable Me Halloween activities don’t forget to mark your calendar because Despicable Me 2 hits the theaters this July! Check out some other fun FREE Despicable Me Halloween printables including treat bag toppers and pumpkin carving stencils.
About the film
Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s worldwide blockbuster, Despicable Me, delighted audiences around the globe in 2010, grossing more than $540 million and becoming the 10th-biggest animated motion picture in U.S. history. In Summer 2013, get ready for more minion madness in Despicable Me 2. Chris Meledandri and his acclaimed film making team create an all-new comedy animated adventure featuring the return of Gru (Steve Carell), the girls, the unpredictably hilarious minions…and a host of new and outrageously funny characters.
Visit the official website
Watch the teaser trailer for Despicable Me 2
Like Despicable Me on FacebookI was compensated for my participation in this campaign. The crafts are my own creations.