Have fun exploring the letter O for letter of the week and the subject of octopuses with this simple craft.
- Gather your materials. You will need some construction paper, some paint , crayons or markers, scissors, glue and some tissue paper, or ribbon for the tentacles.
- Draw a big FAT O, it needs to be fat so when you cut it out it is strong enough .
- Have your child paint / color the O. Ask them about the letter while they do this or if they are younger you can name it a few times and see if they will mimic you. We are using paint dobbers, they dry fast and are not very messy.
- While your child is painting cut our 8-10 ( some may rip) tentacles, we are using tissue paper but ribbon or regular construction paper would do in a pinch.
- Cut out the O.
- Put 8 dots of glue on the back side of the O.
- Glue on the tentacles.
- Let dry!
[…] No Time For Flashcards […]
[…] each child made an octopus out of the letter “O”.Â I used the tutorial from No Time For Flashcards as a […]
[…] craft idea came from No Time for Flashcards, which I found on Pinterest. I printed out Letter O coloring pages and used some tissue paper […]
[…] is for Octopus @ Crystal and Comp Octopus O @ No Time for Flash Cards Olive O @ No Time for Flash Cards Owl O @ No Time for Flash Cards O is […]
[…] O is for octopus (via No Time for Flash Cards) […]