- Gather your materials. You will need an old CD, some washed out singled serve applesauce containers ( you can also use egg carton cups) , paint, a paint brush, some foam sheets ( or colored paper) , glue and scissors.
- Paint the 2 plastic containers. Set aside to dry.
- Cut the foam sheets or colored paper into small shapes.
- Glue onto the CD. This is a great opportunity to learn about patterning, I did a very simple pattern but depending on your child’s age they could use many colors and a sophisticated pattern. Let this dry.
- Cut more shapes out to use as windows and doors for your UFO.
- When the paint it dry glue your windows and doors on.
- Glue the CD onto the bottom container first.
- Glue the top on .
- Let dry completely.
You have some great ideas!
You are awesome!! I have been trading off playdates with a friend (which is great!) & have been worrying what to do with two 3 (& a half, lol) yr olds. Now I know!! Yay!
I love a ton of your other stuff too, you will be a lifesaver this summer while my daughter is off preschool 🙂
It never fails when I am out of craft ideas and start to look on google, I always find my way to your site. You have some of the best ideas for kid crafts and my kids have had hours of fun with ideas from your site!
Allison McDonald says
You just made my day. Thank you!!