- Gather your materials. You will need one section of the news paper ( min 4 pages) , a stapler ( I can not find mine so I used some left over snowflake brads) and something to decorate your newspaper with. We are using the do*a*dot*art paints I reviewed yesterday.
- Have your child decorate/ paint both sides of the newspaper. I actually really really like using the dobbers cause they dry FAST!
- Fold the paper in half, and the corners down.
- You may need to tape the corners down if the newspaper is thick.
- Now fold the bottom up, and secure with a staple, or if you are disorganized like me and can’t find your stapler, get creative!
- Pop it on and go pillage something!
Click Here for a Pirate Song Arrrr !
” Pirates Don’t Change Diapers” by Melinda Long is a really touching look at older siblings, inside a funny book about pirates. The pirates need Jeremy Jacob’s help finding their treasure, but he needs their help babysitting his baby sister. My favorite part of this book is when Jeremy Jacob realizes that the baby is gone and he gets really worried . Also even when he is offered up his choice of treasure, he picks something for him mom, how could I argue with that?
“Pirates Ahoy” by Hilary McKay is a interesting book, the book revolves around 2 cousins and their day at Gran’s house where they play pretend. I like that this book is about pretend play, most kids now days don’t get enough chance to do this, but the test is awkward and seems too sophisticated for the general premise of the book. The author needs to pick one age group to target and go for it, the story itself suits younger kids but the wording and the figurative language used is above most preschoolers heads.
” Busy Boats” by Tony Mitton is a fun little book packed full of good information about boats. The text is short , rhymes and matches the illustrations perfectly. It’s hard to find non fiction books that small ones will sit for and listen to, the cartoon characters in this book will grab and keep your child’s attention , I also like how small the books are, perfect for car rides and longer travel!
I know you miss your LLL sisters. I just found your link in my bookmarks! Come over here: http://llleus.org/forums/index.php
I squealed when I saw this! Thank you!
I even looked on mothering.com to see if I could find you guys there!