- Gather your materials. You will need some construction paper ( one for the Y and one for the background) and a mix of yellow materials. This si great for getting rid of scrap paper! I am using some foam, yellow tissue paper, crayons and dot paint! You will also need scissors and glue.
- Draw a fat Y.
- Have your child paint, and or color the Y.
- While they are doing that cut and prepare the collage materials. The only real rule is that it has to be yellow!
- Spread the glue on the paper.
- Add on the collage materials, let dry.
- Cut out and glue on the other piece of construction paper!
“Where Are Maisy’s Friends? “ by Lucy Cousins is a cute little lift the flap book, where your child helps Maisy find her friends. Toddlers love this book and it’s an easy book for older siblings to “read’ to younger ones. I say “read” because the pictures are easy to decipher and the flaps add a dynamic element! Also it’s small enough to pop in your diaper bag for long car rides!
” Goodnight Gorilla “ by Peggy Rathmann is my son’s absolute favorite book right now. It is an adorable book about a zoo keeper who’s animals follow him home, and snuggle into bed. My son likes to point out mama, dada and he labels the little gorilla snuggling in bed as the baby! It’s very sweet, and a nice calm book to read before bed or nap. Also see if you can find the tribute to Babar in one of the illustrations!