This is a fun and easy apple tree craft that uses up those red pom poms left over from Christmas crafts. If you don’t have pom poms, you can use red buttons, red paper, or if you make a larger tree you can use apples to make prints! I like the three-dimensional aspect of this craft and my son had fun counting the “apples” before gluing them on.
- Gather your materials. You will need some 2 pieces of construction paper, a brown marker, some green paint, paintbrush glue, scissors and some red pom poms.
- Draw a truck and the top of the apple tree on a light piece of construction paper. Cut the paper in two so each piece is separate.
- Have your child paint the top of the tree with the green paint. Let dry.
- Have your child color the trunk of the tree with a brown marker.
- Cut both pieces out.
- Glue the trunk on.
- Glue on the treetop.
- Add large globs of glue for the pom poms, my son was rather angry that I allowed him to do the glue for the paper but not for the pom poms. It’s hard to be 2.
- Add the “apples” and let dry.