I admit that one of the things I miss most about teaching is the treats. I know not exactly the response you expect from someone as excited about education as I really honestly am… but it’s the truth. It seemed between my two classes someone was always celebrating something. Well, I think we should celebrate teachers at the start of the year, get them as excited about a fresh start as we are. My son went back to preschool this week, and we made them cookies for his teachers and popped them into these great paper bag apples.
I got the recipe from here
- Start by making your dough – the above recipe was good, but the cookies came out crumbly- I added an extra 5 minutes baking, and it made it better. My son loves helping me bake, and it’s a fun thing “special event” you can do at home if a younger sibling is napping. I try to get all the ingredients ready, so he can just pop them in.
- While the cookies are baking, gather your materials for the apple bags. You will need some paper bags, Ziplocs, red crayon or marker, scissors, and green pipe cleaners.
- Color your bags red.
- When the cookies are cool pop them in the zip loc.
- Pop them in the paper bag and cinch the top with a green pipe cleaner bent into a leaf.
- Trim the top, and it’s ready to be given to your teachers!
Jenae @ I Can Teach My Child says
.-= Jenae @ I Can Teach My Child´s last blog ..D for Dinosaur Cookies =-.
I am so glad I am not the only one who misses the treats from teaching:) I taught elem. and there was often a cupcake or piece of cake given in love.
I got two (real) apples from two students this year! So sweet 🙂
.-= Teri´s last blog ..You are not alone =-.
a very neat idea!