Yes, the glitter is back, but it doesn’t have to be used for this adorable toddler Valentine’s Day craft. Tissue paper alone is perfect too. Parts of this craft are tricky, but you can prep them ahead of time and the results are worth it!
- Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of construction paper, some tissue paper, sparkles, double stick tape, contact paper, scissors, and markers. * Glue can work but it’s so messy, it’s worth the cost of the double stick tape.
- Start by cutting out 2 large hearts from the construction paper. I just layered the two pages so they would be exact.
- Have your child use the markers to color the hearts. If they are older have them write words like Love, Sweet, etc…
- While they do that cut the tissue paper into small shapes.
- When your child is done fold both hearts in two and cut out the middle – don’t make the frame too small, so you can use the cutouts as little Valentines too!
- Here is the tricky part of this toddler Valentine’s Day craft. Cut the contact paper to fit within the heart. I used the piece I cut out as a guide, but made the contact paper heart a bit bigger.
- Tape to the undecorated side of the heart- the sticky side of the heart should be facing up, the decorated frame pointing down.
- Now add the tissue paper!
- Add the sparkles! Come on, you know you want to!
- Repeat with the other side so you have 2 hearts with contact paper middles .
- Finally, press together, sticky side to sticky side.
Click here for a collection of books about the love of friendship !