Pinching Pom Poms
- Gather your materials. You will need a divided chip and dip platter or individual bowls. Some scrap paper that matches your pom poms, some tape and ice tongs.
- Cut the paper into pieces that fit into the platters sections, leave the middle blank, it will be the starting point for the pom poms.
- Place the pom poms into the middle
- Start matching, if the tongs are frustrating them, have them do it with their hands.
Easter Egg Match
- Gather your materials. You will need some cheap Easter eggs, a bowl for the eggs to start out in, one container for each egg( mine are old blueberry containers) and matching paper for each color of egg.
- Cut the paper so they line the bottom of the small containers.
- Invite your child to come to the table and start matching. Only help if need be, try not to interrupt.
- Praise and celebrate their success!
Toss & Match
- Gather your materials. You will need some colored bean bags, and some colored construction paper. You could also use laundry baskets with colored towels in them for a target or anything that is obviously the same color.
- Start tossing the bean bags to the target. Toddlers will probably walk up naturally but older children can be challenged to throw the bean bag from a distance, just pop some painters tape on the carpet for them to stay behind.
- Start with just a few colors for little guys and work up to many for older children.