Friendship is something that should be cherished and making something special for a friend is a great way to show friends how much they mean to you. Shrinky dinks can be found at any large craft store or here Shrinky Dinks Craft Kit. They are fast and fun to watch shrink! These Lucky Charms shrinky dinks make great zipper pulls, key chains or necklaces.
- Gather your materials. You will need some shrinky dink paper, black and green colored pencils, a hole punch, a brown grocery bag (or parchment paper), a cookie sheet, scissors and some ribbon or chain.
- Start by drawing some shamrocks- I can’t hide the fact it took me a while to get it right.
- Next color it green.
- Cut out
- Punch a hole in it.
- Place it in the paper bag on the cookie sheet and place in the oven. Follow the instructions given for the temp.
- Watch the WHOLE time. It only takes a minutes or two.
- Let cool.
- Thread the ribbon through and give someone you care about some luck of the Irish!
For more fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas, make sure to follow me on Facebook!
Want more great ideas for preschool activities? Check out our Build Preschool Thematic Curriculum Units!
A tip – Shamrocks are easy to make if you just think of them as three hearts put together. In fact, I make shamrock cookies exactly that way with a heart shaped cookie cutter!
ashley toler says
hi im tring to do these charm necklaces with the shrinky dink paper a d when I put them in the oven they dont stay up the start folding!!! is there a trick to this or something! lol
Allison McDonald says
Yes – if they curl flatten them with a wooden spoon.
Rebekah Buckley says
Instead of buying Shrinky Dink paper, use styrofoam trays from the meat department at the grocery. They have given them to me free/cheap! We use permanent markers. They turn out really cute, and much cheaper.