If your child is school age or if you are lucky enough to get book orders at your preschool or childcare center this craft is for you! Of course, you can also use newspaper, but the book orders are so colorful! So grab whatever you have, and make a pretty necklace, or bracelet for Earth Day tomorrow, out of recycled book orders.
- Gather your materials. You will need some colorful newspaper or Scholastic Book Order fliers, some ribbon, some elastic bands, white glue, and scissors.
- Roll your paper starting from the open ends so when you glue the end it’s one piece not a bunch of pages fanning out, I made two one this way one the other and the other one was a big huge flop. Glue the edge.
- Add elastics to keep it in place and let dry. Mine only took 2 hours to dry, I would expect 2-4 for a good bond.
- Cut into beads.
- Thread it onto your ribbon. If you really want to make a cool bracelet cut those elastics you already used, tie them together and string the beads on to make an elastic bracelet. I would only do this with an older child though, as it could snap easily, but if they are old enough it would be rad!
- Voila! A recycled bead necklace!
Like this idea but have a toddler? Try our Toilet roll necklace instead!
Have you made anything with the recycled book orders from your child’s school? Share in comments below, or on my Facebook page!
If you teach preschool or preschool at home, you will love my Little School eBook of preschool activities.