We live outside Seattle and even for us this spring has been rainy. This activity is a perfect example of simple being wonderful. As soon as I told my son about my idea he was eager to start, so this wasn’t our most polished project, but trust me we had a ball. I don’t know about the kids in your house but in ours, we need to work up a sweat inside or out to ensure a smooth bedtime and great sleep. So rain or shine we need to move our bodies! This Rainy Day Physical Activity can help!
The best thing about this particular activity is that you can modify it to fit your own location, fitness level, and physical capabilities. No matter what kind of limitations you have, you’ll be able to find a way to make this work. Get creative, have fun, and get some much-needed movement with this Rainy Day Physical Activity! You’ll be so very glad that you did!
- Gather your materials – all you need are some card stock ( index cards would be awesome), a marker, and scissors if you need to cut the card stock.
- Write out a variety of different actions, exercises, and physical feats twice.
- Cut and make two piles.
- To play you need two players ( I played as well- trust me you don’t need to see me do karate kicks in my Pjs…not a pretty sight). Each player gets a pile. The premise is simple both players put their pile of cards face down, count out loud to 3 and flip.
- Then do the Rainy Day Physical Activity on the card.
- Keep flipping and moving!
- Exercise will make you strong!
Add Your Activity
Do you have a game, sport or dancing activity that gets your kids moving? Add your Rainy Day Physical Activity link here :