Does your family have fall traditions? In our family our fall traditions include going to the pumpkin patch, reluctantly carving pumpkins (we all hate the smell), and watching the gang from Peanuts on TV in It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! This year though we can add the new Peanuts Movie to our fall family traditions. It comes out November 6th and after visiting a local pumpkin patch that was all decked out with characters from the film my kids can’t wait to check it out.
The Pumpkin Patch
If you are looking to make this a family tradition at your house here are a few tips to make it work!
1. Ask around to make sure the pumpkin patch you go to has more than just some pumpkins thrown around. Activities like a corn maze, hay rides, and farm tours turn an errand into something special. Here is a list of great pumpkin patches that have more than just pumpkins and are hosting the Peanuts Movie characters too.
2. Decide right then and there that it is going to be a tradition. Write a reminder for yourself for next year and go.
3. Make a day or evening out of it. Have a special meal out or at home to make the whole day feel special.
4. Take LOTS of photos.
1. Use a stencil like this one to make a fun character even if you aren’t artistically inclined!
2. Give each child their own to carve however they want.
3. Newspaper is a must for easy clean up.
I haven’t seen this film yet but as I said Charlie Brown is already part of our fall family tradition so I am excited to check it out! The trailer looks awesome.
THE PEANUTS MOVIE – In Theaters November 6, 2015