- Gather your materials. For this craft you will need some recycled card board and either news paper or a paper grocery bag, paint, a paint brush, glue and scissors.
- Draw a circle and some continents on your cardboard, cut out the circle only.
- Paint your newspaper or grocery bag blue using a paint brush and let dry.
- Finger paint your continents but wait until they are dry to cut them out, this is because it’s much easier to get toddlers and young children to paint larger things, than small cut out pieces. Let dry.
- Wrap the dry blue newspaper around the cardboard round and glue on the back.
- Cut out the dry continents.
- Glue on and enjoy your recycled world!
” The Whole Green World” by Tony Johnston is a celebration of the Earth and it’s beauty. The text is short enough to hold young children’s attention and the illustrations by Elisa Kleven are bright and so detailed you will fall in love! I think it’s important to teach our children to see the beauty of the Earth, especially when we are teaching them to conserve it!