- Gather your materials. This is such a fun and easy project, all you NEED is something to write with , some paper and scissors. After that grabs anything you have on hand to decorate, paint, sequins, pipe cleaners, sparkles- anything goes!
- Fold your paper lengthwise so the fold is on the bottom.
- Write your name in cursive handwriting ( This is a great way to get your kids to practice too, I had an after school group doing these with all sorts of words not just their names.)
- Cut out around your name.
- Open up and see the outline of your bug ( or alien, or butterfly or monster… go with whatever appeals to your child the most).
- Get decorating!
* You can also have older siblings write their preschool or toddler aged siblings names and have the little guys do the decorating ! Cooperative projects have long been shown to actually foster cooperation between children, even if it doesn’t always seem to be working that way!