The school year is quickly coming to an end and I can hear the anxiety for all of you who now have more children to keep busy! Don’t fear, throughout the summer I will have more projects for older children and tell you how to adapt the easier ones for your school agers too, that way you aren’t doing 50 projects a week all with different materials! The projects just for older children will be called Naptime Creations!
- Gather your materials. You will need an old CD, some washed out singled serve applesauce containers ( you can also use egg carton cups) , paint, a paint brush, some foam sheets ( or colored paper) , glue and scissors.
- Paint the 2 plastic containers. Set aside to dry.
- Cut the foam sheets or colored paper into small shapes.
- Glue onto the CD. This is a great opportunity to learn about patterning, I did a very simple pattern but depending on your child’s age they could use many colors and a sophisticated pattern. Let this dry.
- Cut more shapes out to use as windows and doors for your UFO.
- When the paint it dry glue your windows and doors on.
- Glue the CD onto the bottom container first.
- Glue the top on .
- Let dry completely.