Valentine’s Day Truck Craft

My son requested a truck for art time, since this will be our last Valentine’s post I figured I would throw in some hearts. It can easily be done sans hearts with other shapes or even stickers. The dumper is an envelope so you can really pop things in and out too!
  1. Gather your materials. You will need 1 full piece of construction paper, some scrap paper, an envelope, markers, glue and scissors.
  2. Start by drawing a flatbed truck. I practiced first but luckily my son’s pjs had a good model on them for me to copy. You can have your child color the truck if you want, mine was jonesing for the glue so we skipped that step.
  3. While they color cut the top off the envelope.
  4. Cut or punch out some small hearts for the truck.
  5. Cut some larger ones to go in the dumper.
  6. Next add the glue!
  7. Glue on the envelope
  8. Glue the hearts on to decorate!
  9. Now slip the cargo into the back of the truck!

Comments

My son has tried to put everything in his truck since making this, it presently has a few pieces of junk mail in it. He loves it.

2. Devin says

I must thank you once again for your work on this site. I come here everyday and we do many of your crafts! Thank you for being such a wonderful crutch for us non-creative mommies! I appreciate it more than you know.

Devin in Illinois

3. Jen says

He is just too cute! It is so much fun seeing a little one do all of these projects! I’m sure he just loved his new dump truck.

Jen
    Creative and Curious Kids!

4. Kara says

We just did this – so cute! I cut out pictures of food from the grocery store flyers that came in the mail and we used those as our cargo. My daughter is having so much fun with her grocery truck!

5. Katrina says

Perfect activity for our D Letter of the Week and with Valentine’s Day just around the corner. Thanks so much!!

6. Jamie says

We are working on shapes so we used it as a “truck load of shapes”. Thanks for helping me to come up with another shape craft to do with the kiddos!