My son requested a truck for art time today. Since this will be our last Valentine’s post, I figured I would throw in some hearts and make it a Valentine’s Day Truck Craft. It can easily be done sans hearts with other shapes or even stickers. The dumper is an envelope so you can really pop things in and out too!
Valentine’s Day Truck Craft
- Gather your materials. You will need 1 full piece of construction paper, some scrap paper, an envelope, markers, glue and scissors.
- Start by drawing a flatbed truck. I practiced first, but luckily my son’s PJs had a good model on them for me to copy. You can have your child color the truck if you want, but mine was jonesing for the glue so we skipped that step.
- While they color, cut the top off the envelope to prepare the dumper part of the truck.
- Cut or punch out some small hearts for the truck’s decorations.
- Cut some larger ones to go in the dumper.
- Next, add the glue!
- Glue on the envelope to make the dumper.
- Glue the hearts on the truck to decorate!
- Now slip the cargo into the back of the truck!