I made this ages ago, and with all the holiday crafts it has been bumped. It couldn’t wait any longer. I love , no adore how this turned out and wish I had a reason to make more! The stenciling will probably be very frustrating for toddlers and most preschoolers but my son loved playing with the finished product.
- Gather your materials. You will need a few doilies, a marker, a piece of construction paper,a few pieces of white paper scissors, tape and a art dauber or a bingo dauber.
- Start by drawing 1 large and 1 smaller wing on your white paper.
- Layer a second piece under it and cut out.
- Lay your doily on the wing and stencil. Simply paint on it by going straight up and down, it’s pretty forgiving but you may want a few doilies on hand in case it gets soggy.
- Let wings dry.
- Draw a body and head on the construction paper.
- Cut out and let dry.
- Tape the wings onto the unpainted side of the body and you are done.