- Gather your materials. You will need a large piece of construction paper, popsicle sticks, glue, construction paper ( for tree leaves) , water colors, water dish, paint brush and glue.
- Start by drawing a barn and tree with the glue. My son and I decided to make a square and triangle .
- Add your popsicle sticks.
- Rip the paper into leaves for your tree.
- Add more glue on the branches of the tree.
- Add the leaves.
- Grab the watercolors, and paint. With older children give them the challenge to paint the sticks without getting it on the paper, but I wouldn’t limit them to that after the challenge, allow them to paint it how ever they want. The Challenge is just that a challenge not a limit on their creativity.
- Let dry.
“Cowboy ABC’s” by Chris Demarest is a great book for any cowboy enthusiast. From Buckaroo to Tumbleweed, Guitar to Lasso this book take s readers through some common and some not so common cowboys terms and accessories. I liked it because it’s not your everyday alphabet book, with the same words used for letters over and over.