It’s been a long time since we made a naptime creation. What that is for those new here are crafts for older kids- older being relative of course. This would be perfect for the 5-8 crowd! Instead of candy, cookies or the plain old paper valentine’s why not make your friends their very own princess wand? This valentine will be used long after February 14th! I chose to make a fringe but you could glue on sequins or plastic gems too!
- Gather your materials. You will need some sparkly sticky back foam, a dowel, a hole punch,double stick tape, some ribbon, a marker, scissors, some fun card stock and a cookie cutter for a stencil .
- Start by tracing the heart cookie cutter on the back of the foam.
- Cut out.
- Punch holes in both foam pieces, make sure they match up!
- Peel the backing off and sandwich the dowel in between the sticky foam.
- Cut the ribbon into short pieces.
- Tie the ribbon onto the wand.
- Using pretty card stock and double stick tape make a gift tag and write a message.
- Tie onto the wand and it’s ready to be given to your fellow princess!