It’s been a long time since we made a naptime creation. What that is, for those new here, are crafts for older kids – older being relative of course. This would be perfect for the 5-8 crowd! Instead of candy, cookies, or the plain old paper valentines, why not make your friends their very own princess Valentine wand? This Princess Valentine wand will be used long after February 14th! I chose to make a fringe but you could glue on sequins or plastic gems too!
- Gather your materials. You will need some sparkly sticky back foam, a dowel, a hole punch, double stick tape, some ribbon, a marker, scissors, some fun cardstock and a cookie cutter for a stencil.
- Start by tracing the heart cookie cutter on the back of the foam.
- Cut out.
- Punch holes in both foam pieces, make sure they match up!
- Peel the backing off and sandwich the dowel in between the sticky foam.
- Cut the ribbon into short pieces.
- Tie the ribbon onto the wand.
- Using pretty card stock and double stick tape, make a gift tag and write a message.
- Tie onto the wand and the Princess Valentine Wand is ready to be given to your fellow princess!