I admit that one of the things I miss most about teaching are the treats. I know not exactly the response you expect from someone as excited about education as I really honestly am… but it’s the truth. It seemed between my two classes someone was always celebrating something. Well I think we should celebrate teachers at the start of the year, get them as excited about a fresh start as we are. My son went back to preschool this week and we made these cookies for his teachers.
I got the recipe from here
- Start by making your dough – the above recipe was good but the cookies came out crumbly- I added an extra 5 minutes baking and it made it better. My son loves helping me bake and it’s a fun thing “special event” you can do at home if a younger sibling is napping. I try to get all the ingredients ready so he can just pop them in.
- While the cookies are baking gather your materials for the apple bags. You will need some paper bags, zip locs, red crayon or marker, scissors, and green pipe cleaners.
- Color your bags red.
- When the cookies are cool pop them in the zip loc.
- Pop them in the paper bag and cinch the top with a green pipe cleaner bent into a leaf.
- Trim the top and it’s ready to be given to your teachers!