We live outside Seattle and even for us this spring has been rainy. This activity is a perfect example of simple being wonderful. As soon as I told my son about my idea he was eager to start, so this wasn’t our most polished project, but trust me we had a ball. I don’t know about the kids in your house but in ours we need to work up a sweat inside or out to ensure a smooth bedtime and great sleep. So rain or shine we need to move our bodies!
- Gather your materials – all you need are some card stock ( index cards would be awesome) , a marker, and scissors if you need to cut the card stock.
- Write out different actions, exercises, and physical feats twice.
- Cut and make two piles.
- To play you need two players ( I played as well- trust me you don’t need to see me do karate kicks in my Pjs…not a pretty sight). Each player gets a pile. The premise is simple both players put their pile of cards face down, count out loud to 3 and flip .
- Then do the action on the card.
- Keep flipping and moving!
- Exercise will make you strong!
Like all the books this week this one Strong Stickfiggy is one of the ebooks available on the free MeMeTales’ Mobile Reader App . We read it on my iPod , under the covers pretending it was the Batcave ( do not tell me that shocks you…). You don’t have to read it in a Batcave or even at home , you can read it anywhere which is my favorite part of this app.
Add Your Activity
Do you have a game, sport or dancing activity that gets your kids moving? Add your link here :