1 Minute Christmas Ornaments

Time is short during the holiday season and these ornaments took no time at all to fill. The fun part for your kids is to find things that fit through the hole at the top to fill the ornaments with. As you can imagine we have a lot of craft supplies that we have gathered over the years and me being me I save everything to use again . Having a bunch of ornaments and different fill in a craft buffet would be super fun activity for a holiday party. I like the idea of using these as an alternative to wrapping too.

All you really need are some clear plastic ornaments waiting to be filled.

Here were our ideas:

Fuse beads were so colorful and would make a cute stocking stuffer as is.

The glass beads reflected the light so well.

These wood beads would fit right in with our rustic holiday decor.

The pom poms were fun for my toddler to help me put in and make a great unbreakable ornament for a tree for a young family or someone with cats!

The jingle bells not only looked great they also had a beautiful and a little muted jingle to them.

It goes without saying that the LEGO one was my son’s favorite. I think it might be mine too.

What would you fill your empty ornaments with ?

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

I love it! And the possibilities are endless – buttons, yarn pieces, ribbons, confetti, cake sprinkles, fake berries, flowers, fake snow, shredded paper, M&Ms, colored rice, lentils !!

• Kristen H. Chambers says

If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area try finding them there. They are putting Christmas out now. Last year they came in a light blue box. If you are unable to find any try the craft dept. They will be in a white box with a black band on it, either at the top or the bottom of the box. If they are not on a table in the main aisle try the aisle that mason jars on it. Good luck!

2. Karen says

Made one last year of Barbie shoes… I think it was more for me than for my daughter. With so much competing for their time, she didn’t play with them much….but I sure did when I was younger!

3. Lisa says

I recently made some filled with strips of multi colored tulle, in sports color combos for the sports fans! letter decal stickers on the outside made them personally monogrammed and everyone is getting one for Christmas this year tied to their gift with a ribbon. They turned out great

• Kristen H. Chambers says

What a great idea! The possibilities for just that are endless! I never even considered seashells. Thank you!

I bought a tone of these a few weeks ago and we used part of them for our ornament to go home and the other part for a math activity! I love this idea too – my class would love just filling them with toys!

5. Kerensa says

Pretty bath salts! Plain Epsom salts or table salt could give them a snowy effect. OR color some Epsom salt black/grey….coal for a someone on the “naughty list”. OR…add a few pieces of black Epsom on top of a layer of plain salt and add a bit of an orange colored something to create the melted snowman look. Thanks for the inspirations.

6. holly says

We put popcorn kernels in ours…( about 25-30) put in bowl…1 min in micro ( seeds pop)
    take out — CAUTION Very hot!… let cool… tip out unpopped seeds…tie ribbon on top… so cute!

7. Kim says

My church kids made these with strands of garland to put inside and we used glue and epsom salt (I think) on the outside too, just in some places, like do lines of glue and then roll in the salt or something!

But these are AWESOME ideas!!!! I think the lego one might also be my favorite, or the commentor who put barbie shoes in! I also enjoy the pony and pearler bead ones. Who am I kidding, I love them all!!

8. A says

I found the clear plastic ornaments at Michael’s in several shapes and sizes for 75% off today. I’m going to use curling ribbon (very cheap) to fill them with different colors depending on the charity of the receivers interest. For example, my sister is involved with the March of Dimes, so her ornament will have turquoise, purple and white curling ribbon in it. The tag will read “A donation has been made in your name to The March of Dimes. Happy Holidays!”

1. [...] 1 Minute Christmas Ornaments Fun ideas to fill those clear plastic Christmas ornaments. what would you fill yours with? Having a bunch of ornaments and different fill in a craft buffet would be super fun activity for a holiday party. I like the idea of using . [...]

2. [...] 1 Minute Christmas Ornaments The glass beads reflected the light so well. These pony beads could be packaged with a jewelry box and some beading thread as a whole jewelery themed gift. Personalized Snuggle Bunny Christmas Ornament: . [...]

3. […] 28. 1 Minute Christmas Ornaments 29. Simple Craft for Jingle Bells 30. handprint mitten ornament 31. Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids: Craft Stick Stars 32. Homemade Crayon Resist Gift Tags 33. Lacy Punched Salt Dough Ornaments. Beaded Ones, Too! 34. Christmas Tree Craft 35. TP Roll Santa Hats  36. Candy Cane Christmas Trees […]