- Gather your materials. You will need some paint ( at least 2 colors for a cool effect), a plate, paper and most importantly a fun sponge like this glass scrubber!
- Pour a few different paint colors onto a plate.
- Dip your sponge in and have fun. My son loved this activity, possible too much!
- Do make sure the paint you are using is non toxic, and watch carefully that they don’t bite the sponge and choke.Do not laugh at your child’s antics, it will only encourage them, as will picture taking, trust me I know!
- Keep offering new paper if they are interested, my son made 3 beautiful paintings ! Also older children can wait until the paint is dry than make pictures like flowers, fish, bugs or aliens out of the prints!
Simple but beautiful this sponge painting activity is a great choice for any age but especially fun for toddlers. My son isn’t afraid of getting paint anywhere ( or opposed to tasting it) but for kids not as eager a sponge with a long handle like this one is great for this activity.
Like this post? Share it with a friend!