When choosing activities for older kids, I try to link it to fine art where I can. Exposing children to art appreciation doesn’t have to be on a field trip to a museum, although I recommend that too. This fine art craft would make a beautiful gift for a mom or grandma for Mother’s Day, especially if you made a group of 3 or 4 and put it in a nice box.
Fine Art Craft Magnet
- Gather your materials. You will need glass beads, magnets, rubber cement, a pencil, pictures of your choice, and also scissors. *I just want to say that I am not ruining a perfectly good book. I received a duplicate and have been saving it for art projects.
- First, start by choosing your pictures. If you are using an art book, this will give your child a chance to look through many choices. Additionally, it also gives you a chance to ask them what they like, and of course, why or why not.
- Trace your bead over the picture with a pencil.
- Next, carefully cut out the image from the page.
- Cover the bottom of the bead with rubber cement. Not too thick, but it needs a nice layer of glue, because of the weight of the magnet.
- Next, add your picture to the bottom of the bead, showing through the glass.
- Finally, glue your magnet on and let dry. Your fine art craft magnet is ready for display!If you are new to No Time For Flash Cards, Naptime Creations are for school-age children. These special activities are not for toddlers or preschoolers.