These cupcake liner poppies are so simple to make but really beautiful. You could use the technique to make garlands, add flowers to invites, and even make brooches. Whatever your imagination can create, feel free to make this project your own. One tip: the labels peel off easily but if they are saturated in paint it gets tricky, so try not to gob it on the middle.
Cupcake Liner Poppies
- Gather your materials you will need some paint, dot labels (from stationary aisle), cupcake liners in different sizes, brushes, card stock and double stick tape. Ignore the ribbon- at first, I was thinking I’d make a garland.
- Start the project by putting the circular labels in the middle of the liners.
- Paint. I had so much fun painting these. Crafts are so relaxing to me. I enjoy the nature of creating and of course, the time spent with my kids!
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Peel off the center to reveal a uniform middle for all the flowers.
- Next, tape some of the smaller flowers into the middle of larger ones. This will add dimension to your poppies.
- Tape flowers onto the card stock. I think I may frame it and put it on display!