- Gather your materials. You will need some paint ( at least 2 colors for a cool effect), a plate, paper and most importantly a fun sponge like this glass scrubber!
- Pour a few different paint colors onto a plate.
- Dip your sponge in and have fun. My son loved this activity, possible too much!
- Do make sure the paint you are using is non toxic, and watch carefully that they don’t bite the sponge and choke.Do not laugh at your child’s antics, it will only encourage them, as will picture taking, trust me I know!
- Keep offering new paper if they are interested, my son made 3 beautiful paintings ! Also older children can wait until the paint is dry than make pictures like flowers, fish, bugs or aliens out of the prints!
” Make Up Mess” by Robert Munsch . After seeing my son covered in paint this book immediately came to mind. It’s a fun and silly story all about Julie’s desire for make up , she uses all her money and buys $100 worth! Now I do not like to see little girls encouraged to wear make up or made to feel they need it to be beautiful, but don’t worry that is not what this book is about, quite the opposite. It’s a fun book with a good heart!